top of page
What if I already formed an entity in another state?

            A business entity formed in another state can still do business in New York as long as the business entity registers as a foreign entity to do business in New York.  Depending on whether the nature of the business is the same and other logistics, it may make more sense to form a new entity in the state that the business will primarily be conducted.  The state that the business is formed is often the state whose law applies to any disputes.

bottom of page